Try these closet organization ideas to get your closet clutter under control.
Let’s face it, closets can be frustrating. Sometimes you feel like you don’t have anything to wear and other times you can’t seem to find what you’re looking for amidst all the stuff. But closets can also be organized and even enjoyable to look at if you get the right shelving and organizational accessories. Bring some sexy back to your closet with these DIY closet organization ideas:
- Shorter shelves are perfect for storing and even showing off your shoe collection.
- Use felt-topped hangers to keep your clothes neatly in place as opposed to in a pile on the floor.
- China bowls can be both a beautiful and functional way to keep track of all the small things that are important to you.
- Store items like rolled up yoga mats in a chic umbrella holder to keep them from falling over and unraveling.
- Make better use of long, big shelves by placing dividers to separate folded items or use this space for storage bins. Clear containers actually trick the eye into thinking the space is larger and brighter.
- Mount hooks or bins on the wall to store scarves, neckties, hats, etc. You might even consider lining your closet walls with pegboard for a versatile way to keep items organized and off the floor.
- Maybe you’ve just bought one of our new homes in Tampa or new homes in Pinellas and want to dress up the wire shelves in your closets. Cover a piece of foam core board with cute fabric or paper and use it as a shelf liner. It will improve the looks and keep stuff from falling through the cracks.
- If you have drawers in your closet, you can cut PVC piping to fit the height of your drawer. It’s a clever way to store belts, ties and scarves rolled up inside.
- Hang a laundry bag on the back of the closet door to save precious floor space.
- Don’t let any closet space go wasted. Adjustable shelving organizers are ideal because they allow different size items to all remain in one space.
Is your closet organization sexy or stressful? If you love the look and functionality of your closet, we’d love to see it. Go to our Facebook page and post a photo or comment.
At Domain Homes, our philosophy is simple… to build homes that inspire and enrich our homeowners lives. For more information, check out our website www.domainhomes.com and be sure to “Like” us on Facebook. Call 813-413-4154.Photo from Pinterest